Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Red Rubber Designs: Father's Day

The theme this week at Red Rubber Designs is Father's Day.  The stamp set I used today is Mountain Scenery and patterned cardstock is Willoughby.

I tried a new {to me} Copic technique this week.  Can you tell something is different?  I stamped the image with London Fog Memento Ink rather than standard black.  It definitely gives the look of a painting, rather than an outline colored in - don't you think?   
I used 2 of the images from Mountain Scenery, the mountain range and added the small open tree on the left for more forest foliage.  Then, I colored the image adding the greens, browns, blues and violets to the gray stamped image.  Copic Colors: E33, E37, B41, BV23, BV31, BG70, YG91, YG93, YG95, YG97, W1, W2, W3.  The top of the hill looks like I added something to it to make it look like moss, but it is just the ink build up, the cardstock is fully saturated. 

The colored image is matted with brown cardstock.  Then, added it to the layered patterned cardstock on the brown base card.  The Father's Day sentiment is from Contemporary Greetings and stamped with Burnt Umber Palette Ink on a die cut tag from the Willoughby collection.  This tag has a wide slit perfect for a ribbon.  Since Willoughy is a white core cardstock I ran the side of a brown marker around the edges of the tag so the white edge would be covered.

Supplies --



Challenges:
Crafty Emma's - Anything Goes
Great Impressions - Anything Goes
Little Claire's - Male Theme - {Father's Day}
Creative Stamp Friends - Father's Day 
Lollipop Crafts - Just for Him
Make it Monday - Anything Goes
Simon Says - Anything Goes 
The Crazy Challenge - Outside

Thanks for stopping by...
Blessings,
Deb    

31 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful! What a great idea and it's the best use/coloring I've ever seen with this stamp set! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw your card on MIM and came over to have a closer look. A wonderful male card and so beautifully coloured

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Absolutely beautiful! I used to have this set... Miss it now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous, Debra! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  5. The use of the lighter ink gives your scene a beautiful natural look. Very nicely done, Debra!

    ReplyDelete
  6. BEAUTIFUL! I love this gorgeous scene! (I am sooo wishing I was there.)



    I’m stopping by from MIM. (I’m entry #97)

    ~Cheryl~

    **I am having a give-away on my blog. Feel free to stop by if you are interested.**

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning card and such a beautiful scene! Thanks for joining in our very last challenge at CES :) Donna ♥ x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty - love that technique!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card - I love the effect of the London Fog ink! The Design Team are really pleased that you joined us for the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge this week - Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing card. It looks like a photograph. Love it, Deb.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is amazing! It does look like a painting! Love your coloring - so glad you shared with us at Great Impressions Stamps Deb!

    ReplyDelete
  12. so beautiful card….. love the combo and cute image
    i see it on Make it Monday….

    Hugs

    Bella

    ReplyDelete
  13. A beautiful card, a great design and wonderful colors.
    Thank you for your participation at Creative stamp Friends.
    Nice greeting from Austira
    Michaela

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning card & love the scene...

    Thanks for playing along at Little Claires & good luck!!
    hugs and xxx
    Gemma

    ReplyDelete
  15. I keep coming back to look at this card. It is so pretty. I wish I had that stamp set, but I don't.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is stunning Debra! It totally looks like a painting! I love how you have stamped in London Fog! I keep meaning to try mine out and then never do...

    Arabella

    ReplyDelete
  17. I noticed the lighter ink right away -- very effective. You've done a great job with this stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Stunning card and beautifully colored!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great card and design. I have this set, I'll have to experiment!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful composition!
    xoxo Sioux

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fantastic card and colours Debra. I saw this on MIM..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh my goodness, I'm in love with what you've done here. This is the most peaceful and serene image. I could live there, NOW!
    What a fantastic masculine/Father's Day card. Sooooo relaxing. :)

    Thank you so much for taking the time to link up your talent and creative ideas with us at Make It Monday!
    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful card!! Love the scene you created :) Thanks for joining us at The Crazy Challlenge hugs Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Deb

    This is just amazing!! I sat and just looked at your card for ages, admiring the whole layout and the wonderful colouring. I love the effect of using the London Fog ink.

    Thank you for sharing with us at Make It Monday this week.

    Michelle :o)

    ReplyDelete
  25. The gray does a wonderful job toning down the stamp and your coloring is awesome. Perfect masculine card.

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  26. AWESOME! I have it on my list to try the no lines technique. This is beautiful! Looks like you are keeping BUSY. Beautiful Stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  27. A real beauty! Thanks for joining the challenge at Great Impressions Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Deine Karte ist wunderschön geworden,Danke für deine Teilnahme bei den Kreativen Stempelfreunden.

    LG
    Ulla

    ReplyDelete